Thursday, September 9, 2010

just the essentials

So, it's been about a week since I decided to start really trimming things down in my life for real this time. And well, I'm making some progress.

First off is the food situation in this house. As I eat through what I have already stashed in the kitchen I have been thinking about the foods that I really will eat and what I always buy and just end up throwing away. My latest discovery is that I will not likely eat lentils by choice at any given point in the future. Yep, I'm making myself do it right now, but this is the last time. And do you have any idea how much an entire bag of lentils is?? A LOT.

I'm so glad I don't have TV in the apartment. What a time suck. Instead, I've been using Netflix and have seen some pretty good movies. I'm now considering cancelling Netflix and just using the library. As a matter of fact, that is probably exactly what I'll do here in the next week or two.

I started running again every morning. Thanks to the Army I really actually enjoy running. Weird, I know. It makes me feel good and I love the accomplishment of running however far and the way it makes me look (of course). I also like that is it time to myself outdoors. Not something that happens much unless I run. I will never invest in a gym membership. I'll never use it. Instead I'll just run and do push-ups and crunches and stuff.

Having Beulah has made it easy to pare down things like aimless shopping. She pretty much takes up all my free time and so I just don't have time to think about acquiring more stuff. This is a good thing. Also, she is a built in activity. I can take her on walks and to the park and on errands. Good exercise program too!

This afternoon I'll be trying a new lentil recipe. Sigh. Will tell you all about it if it is any good!

No comments:

Post a Comment