Sunday, October 10, 2010

sunday morning

Beulah and I had a ball at the farmers' market today! I have recently started purchasing all (or at least most) of my veggies at the farmers' market right down the road from me. It doesn't cost me any more and I feel like my money is going to real people. Also, it's a great way to spend a Sunday morning!

Unfortunately, I lost my camera at the market. I have no idea how. No clue. However, see this picture? Imagine a bunch of sunflowers just like these on my "dining room" table. So pretty! $5 for 8 of them and the gentleman who was selling the flowers also gave me roses and a carnation and even a little flower for Beulah's leash. I also picked up fresh bread, home grown sweet potatoes and some amethyst ear rings. Made myself walk away from the rest of the veggies, as I still have some to use up from last week.

Beulah made friends at every single stop. There was a guy there with a BIG St. Bernard who tolerated Beulah hanging from his ears and nipping at his toes. She has a new trick... she immediately stops whenever anyone is within, say, ten feet of her and then rolls over on her back for a belly rub. It's a crowd pleaser!

Now, we're home. Petunia is out running around, Beulah is asleep by my feet and I am knitting away on ERG's birthday gift. What a nice day so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment