Thursday, December 9, 2010

knit to the finish

It's finally happening. The moment I've been waiting for - working for - for about a month now...

I'm almost done with Christmas knitting! Whoo hoo!

As I knit my way through a number of projects, I came to a realization. I love to knit and I love yarn, but the projects I really enjoy are simple and practical. Unlike many folks who really get into creating beautiful pieces that are meant to be admired without necessarily a lot of touching, I am a practical kind of gal. Socks, scarves, blankets and hats are my cup of tea. The joy comes in making something that can keep the recipient warm, or feel soft against their skin. Things that have a purpose. Maybe that's not the most "artistic" way to go about things, but that is my niche. Pretty, but practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment