Wednesday, December 8, 2010

knitting geekery

Oh man, don't judge me too harshly here, but... I totally want to make one of these!

It's called the "Urban Troubadour" and it is "an original colourful modern rendition of a medieval cowl by Belgian designer Mary-Lena Lynx. It can be worn as a hood or a capelet by either sex. It comes in two colourways both dyed with dyes that could have been used 800 years ago in the time of the troubadour."

Maybe a project for the new year? Do I have the fortitude to knit 10 pages of charted instructions? I think this may be my Everest.

(Photos courtesy of Mary Lena Lynx on Ravelry. So pretty!)

1 comment:

  1. Emily, You could use your own patterns and colors and just use the charts as a a guide. It looks like a large tube you pull over your head. Nice idea! ~M

    ReplyDelete