Wednesday, February 9, 2011

i need a secret garden

Right now, the world outside my door looks pretty much like this:

Grey and lonely. With lots of random black birds swarming above the tree tops.

To keep the winter blues away I've been trying to embrace the grey, dismal out-of-doors. Yesterday at the library I picked up "The Secret Garden," by Frances Hodgson Burnett. My parents have me a beautiful illustrated copy of it at home and I remember reading it for the first time thinking how neat it was to have a little hidden garden. It's now been years since I read it, but the mood of the book is set in what seems to me to be exactly what I see out my window right now. Grey and dismal. I need a secret garden of my own.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Secret Garden. Grey and dismal here too. It's make spring all the more lovely!

    ReplyDelete