Monday, July 11, 2011

garter yoke cardigan

Remember when I said I wanted to knit a sweater in 2011? Well, not only have I done it, but I have surpassed my greatest expectations and done it twice! This weekend marked the completion of my Garter Yoke Cardigan. You know, that project I've been working on forever?


I would have finished it earlier, but I mean, it's 100 percent heavy-duty wool! And it's hot outside.


However, I'm pleased with the outcome. It fits nicely (a little snug, but I think that it will stretch out a bit as worn) and it will certainly be warm! (I promise to check and move the tp out of the way of the shot next time...)


Choosing the buttons turned out to be the best part of this project. These aren't the most fun ones ever, but I like that they look kind of Celtic-y.


Anyhow, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! And I'm already planning the next one! One thing is for sure, I'm not going to be cold this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment