Tuesday, July 19, 2011

one huge squash and a lot of bread!

Monday morning my editor walked into the office and asked me:

"Do you know how to make zucchini bread?"

"Sure do," I replied.

"Here," she said.

And handed me this:


She had it tucked under her arm like a club.


Seriously THE BIGGEST ZUCCHINI I HAVE EVER SEEN. She said she had gotten it from a friend who just forgot to pick the ones in her garden and was not desperate to get rid of the massive amount of squash she had growing out back.


That sucker weighed in at 5 lbs. I had to take a photo just so you would believe it! I think it could have won a prize in a state fair somewhere.


But for now we'll just have to make do with zucchini bread! I'm guesstimating there is enough of the vegetable to make at least 6 loaves of bread. This morning there was one loaf sitting on Judith's desk when she walked in and another sliced up for office morning coffee in the kitchen. And lots of jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment