Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the end

Well, it's finally happened. As of yesterday I'm officially a civilian. I am no longer Sgt. Greene. It feels strange. Being in the Army becomes part of your identity and now that I'm done I no longer have that little part of me. Now I have to re-define myself again. The one thing I am left with is a sense of pride for doing something that wasn't easy and seeing it through with a certain amount of success.

Today I'll leave you with this previously unpublished photo of me in my very first days out of AIT training with the unit for our Iraq deployment. It was early spring in Georgia and cold and wet and we were running around little Ft. McPherson yelling bang bang and "searching POWs." Embarrassing? Certainly. Effective? Maybe. Team building? You bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment