Tuesday, August 24, 2010

what did i ever do without it?

A few weeks ago Mother and I spent a few hours driving around DC trying to get to the dang airport. That was it. The last straw. I was put out with Google Maps and Map Quest and all those other services that are supposed to get you where you want to go, but somehow manage to be very difficult. So, I took the plunge. I purchased the GPS device and have never looked back.


My friend Tom Tom (pictured here) has been a lifesaver, or at least a sanity saver, since I moved to Alexandria. It has gotten me all over the metro area, out to the boonies in VA to get the dog, to Esther's doorstep, and to the nearest Walmart and Target. I can't figure out why I didn't get one sooner. This is maybe the best $89 I have spent in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment