Wednesday, September 22, 2010

insomnia

Early this morning I found myself laying in bed unable to fall back asleep. I was thirsty and only one thing could take care of my thirst; milk. I tried water and tea, but I had to have milk! Mind you, there was no milk in the house. So, it was off to the grocery store at, oh, 4:30 a.m. Sigh.

After ensuring there was a gallon of milk in the fridge (as well as a can of tomato soup for later today), I decided to make the best of the situation. The puppy, the cat and myself spent the rest of the early morning hours cuddled in bed. You can see one of the fur balls asleep in the background of the photo. I have to admit, it was kind of nice to just sit in the quiet and watch the animals sleep while I did some work on my latest blanket project. The second time we got up I felt much better about the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment