Monday, November 8, 2010

hiking

Yesterday Beulah and I went on the first of what is to be many hikes. We went to this park (can't remember the name just now) that had a nice little trail and beautiful views of the kinda swampy land. Apparently it's a great place to see other wildlife, but... with a puppy in tow...


You can see how beautiful a day it was. The sun was shining and we just happened to be out and about during the "golden hour."


This park trail was pretty short and the boy scouts seemed to be up to something or another, so there were more people around than I might ideally like. But, that's one thing I like around here. People go outdoors and walk and jog and take the dogs. You don't see that everywhere.

Beulah had a blast! It was her first trip to the woods and she could hardly contain herself. She ran through the leaves and sniffed every tree. It was hard to keep up with her. My goal is to find some places we can go hiking and I can let her off the leash to run around a bit. This place was too crowded and there were quite a few other dogs.


We had such a good time. I woke up yesterday morning and decided that I am going to start actually doing all the things I say I want to do. Time to start taking action. One thing I always say is that I want to spend more time outdoors. Well, I'm no longer waiting for anyone to do it with me. I'm just going to do it! Yesterday was a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea, Emily! Now you will have Beulah ready to go along with you. nice pictures. M

    ReplyDelete