Friday, November 19, 2010

holiday thoughts

Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming and I can't wait! What a fun time of year! However, in the interest of not getting all crazy buying things to decorate with or too many Christmas-themed cookie-dough cutters, I have made a few promises to myself.

1. Decorate for Christmas much the way I would decorate the house anyhow. Make it all go together and that way I don't necessarily have to take it all down! As I think more and more about my future cabin I want to own, I realize I like stuff like this tree above. I want to bring nature into the home and not shut it out so much.

2. Really think ahead of time about gifts for folks and buy/make them something special instead of a bunch of junk to fill the box!

3. Make more food gifts, like cookies and candies, instead of giving "stuff."

4. Start up a Gluhwein pot and keep it going throughout the season!

5. This year I'm going to purchase a smallish Christmas tree, put it on the "dining room" table (away from little doggies who like to eat weird things) and decorate it up with what I have. Then, I think I'll keep it alive and use it next year and the year after. When I buy that cabin I can plant it nearby.

6. I think I'll have to catsit at ERG's place for Christmas..... darn it! Who wants to sit by a fire, with four cats, a puppy and a mug of Gluhwein for Christmas?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment