Monday, December 20, 2010

evening peace

Monday is winding to a close. In my office we are lucky enough to have a full wall of windows, looking out over a walkway and some trees that block out the street below. It's already getting dark at 4:30 p.m. and I am finishing up the last little bit of writing and research for the day and looking forward to getting home to my little Beulah. This evening we have an adventure planned; a trip to the dog store in old towne to pick up some puppy food and say hi to the nice folks who work there. After that I think we'll spend the evening indoors, working on another installation of baking extraordinaire.

On nights like this I feel so blessed to be where I am right now. Most days I am full of plans and wants and hopes for the future, but tonight I just feel quiet and content. Tonight I'm going to enjoy my lovely puppy, get flour all over myself and maybe even complete one more knitting project. Most of all, I'm going to just enjoy the peace.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy, Emily! Beulah is so cute! And your cookies looked yummy! Wish you would share your recipe. I have never found the "right" one.

    ReplyDelete