Monday, December 20, 2010

so it begins

The Christmas baking marathon has officially begun! I have purposely held off this year, with the idea that I didn't want to burn out too soon. It wasn't easy not baking, but really, how many times can you bring cookies to work?? However, that's all behind me now. Plans for Christmas Day are coming fast and furious (two households to bake for as of right now) and I can't forget the poor dears who will be sitting in the office with me half-day on Christmas Eve.

Today's photos are from the first batch of cookies this year. I used a recipe from my favorite cookbook, the Southern Living one my father gave me several years ago. (On a side note, if you have to have one cookbook I highly recommend one from Southern Living one. Incredible doesn't even begin to describe.) It's easy and fast and fun. In the interest of simplicity, I stuck with star, snowman and tree shapes. No more of the more fragile candy canes for me! No siree. Next batch I'm leaving out the snowman too. Stars and trees all the way.

More to follow in the series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment