Tuesday, December 14, 2010

more knitting


Despite my bragging about my progress in Christmas knitting, there is still a fair amount of it going on in Chez Emily. I feel pretty comfortable talking about the remainder of it here, as it is all for Jason now. Almost certain he doesn't read this, at least let's hope not!

I'm busily knitting along, trying to finish up a pair of socks, a hat and a scarf before the big day. It's nice to have a stack of good yarn in a variety of soothing green shades and a few simple patterns to follow. This is the kind of knitting I like to do. Simple, practical and yet attractive and pleasant to the touch. Not to mention, it's so satisfying to complete a simple project and know that it has a use!

As soon as I get done with this last project I plan to start in on a few items for myself. It will be the first time this year I will have time to sit and knit for me. There's a beautiful stack of gorgeous yarn just staring at me, calling my name, trying to distract me from my goals!! I can't wait to dig in!

3 comments:

  1. very nice, Emily. I'm loving the little green shawl scarf you made me. I can wrap it around my head and it keeps me toasty. BTW, if you happen to have an extra one around, maybe you'd consider sending it off to Oma. Love, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother, what color do you think Oma would like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't know. Probably most anything pretty.

    ReplyDelete