Wednesday, July 27, 2011

just throw it all together


Being that it is still just too hot to want to cook much of anything, much less eat anything too terribly warming... I'm still on the cold dinner kick.  However, I have graduated to homemade tabbouleh and avocado.  Here's my slap-dash tabbouleh "recipe," in the style of Grandma who just kind of throws things together until they look/taste right!


1.  Cook some couscous.  I made about a cup (dry) which became something like 2 cups cooked.

2.  Chop up some parsley and mint, tomatoes and cucumbers.

3.  Stir together the couscous, herbs, tomatoes and cucumber and drizzle olive oil and lemon juice to taste.  Also put in as much black pepper and salt as you like.

4.  Wala!  You have tabbouleh!  I top it with some avocado and maybe a little more lemon juice and eat it for several days, warm at first and cold from the fridge later!

I'm particularly proud of this concoction because it allows me to use the tomatoes, mint and parsley I have growing on the patio.  It feels good to know you've had a hand in part of the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment