Thursday, July 28, 2011

the end is nigh - i hope


I'm not gonna lie, Thursday's are rough.  I don't know if it's because it's almost the end of the week, or if I stay up too late on Wednesday evenings or what, but even the puppy is kind of slow towards the end of the work week.  Today she's at "doggie daycare," as I got a bunch of coupons for free days by email.  We got up; I had my coffee and she her bone and then she just climbed into my lap and we sat there for a bit, trying to get excited about the day....


I never realized just how much joy and companionship that little bundle of fur would bring into my life.  She tires me out, costs money, makes noise and I have to pick up her poop, but it's worth every bit of it.  Waking up to her staring at me every morning and going to sleep with her chin on me every night is the best. 

So, Thursday it is.  I'm ready for it all to be over with already, but I suppose it will be soon enough.  There's a stack of books and a little gardening to make my way through this weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment