Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Last night I was up late, finishing a good book and enjoying the cool(er) air after a rather violent summer storm earlier in the evening.  It was about 11:00 p.m. when I closed the back cover and realized I wasn't quite ready to go to bed.  The lamplight outside our window just begged Beulah and I to go out into it.



And so we did; just a short turn around the neighborhood, but enough to feel like we had appropriately marked the beautiful night.  The rain and wind had relieved the humidity that has sat on our shoulder for weeks now and although it was still warm out, I could almost taste the first tiny hit of autumn around the corner.  As Beulah bounded ahead of me (that dog is afraid of nothing) I took a few shots to share with you.  Funny how everything glows at night.

1 comment: