Tuesday, August 9, 2011

run for it


I've been running quite a bit lately, trying to whip myself back in shape after my post-Army slump.  My goal for the last two weeks was 10 miles a week and this week it's been upped to 15.  Not really all that much, considering I used to log in about 20-30.  It's always, always hard to get started, but as soon as I get myself out the door and hit the road I feel better.  The goal is to be consistent, and to continue to increase my mileage (and hopefully speed which has been downright embarrassing) until I'm in shape to run a 10-miler, to be followed with a half-marathon and maybe even a full one of these days.  There are a few races I'm keeping in mind for next year, but for now I'm completely content to just make the running and mileage goals a habit again. 

And it might be just about time for a new pair of shoes.  Hmph, too bad they're so expensive!


No comments:

Post a Comment