Wednesday, December 29, 2010

reflection

Last night I got home from work, changed clothes, opened a beer and proceeded to clean the apartment. All afternoon at work, cleaning the apartment was all I could think about and there was no way I could focus on anything else as long as I hadn't mopped the floors and emptied the fridge of old food. Afterward I realized that cleaning the house is my way of getting ready for the new year.

As 2010 draws to a close and 2011 looms in the (very) near future, I can hardly believe all that has happened this past year and I am thrilled to be entering into a new one! This time last year i was sitting on a beach in Cuba. Who the heck knows where next Dec. 29 will find me. In 2011 I returned to the states, got out of the Army, moved to a new state/city and began a whole new career. I started dating a new person and got that dog I promised myself in basic training. I also lost Petunia, who was the best cat ever.


Looking forward, I have so many plans and aspirations. I've got big plans for 2011 folks! However, no matter what I want to make sure I take time to enjoy what I have right now and not miss the present while planning the future. I want to spend time with Beulah, go outdoors more, take care of my health (mentally and physically), read good books, watch good movies, drink good coffee, etc.

So, as the last few days of 2010 fly by I'll be preparing myself for all the good to come and making space in my head and heart to thoroughly enjoy every moment! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment